Cannabis has been shown to have a lot of benefits for bone health. The does cbd oil promote bone growth is one of the ways it can help.
Human anatomy is incomplete without the skeletal system. To stand upright, walk correctly, and operate effectively, our skeletal system is required. The unfortunate truth is that many individuals take their bone health for granted, causing the skeletal system to suffer.
The rigorous activities that some people participate in on a daily basis are to blame for their poor bone health. Poor exercise regimens, on the other hand, put a pressure on the bones for others.
Cannabis has recently surfaced as a potential treatment for poor bone health, but how?
What Is the Importance of Bone Health?
Our bones are necessary for us to operate properly as humans. Without bones, we’d just be a jumble of tissues incapable of doing even the most basic tasks. Our muscles and tissues connect to our bones, providing structure and form to our bodies. Our bones’ functions may be divided into three categories.
- We’ve spoken a lot about how our bones give our bodies structure and form, enabling us to carry out everyday tasks. The protection of the body is another essential role of our bones. Our bones and muscles work together to create a protective barrier for our essential organs. The bones safeguard our critical internal organs, such as the heart and lungs, against blunt force damage in the event of an accident. One essential role of bones that cannot be overstated is the protection of our organs.
- Blood Cell Formation: Despite their hard appearance, bones play an important role in blood cell production. White blood cells and red blood cells are both generated in the bone marrow. White blood cells are necessary for the body’s immunity against illnesses and sickness, whereas red blood cells are necessary for the delivery of oxygen throughout the body. The bones are, in essence, necessary for optimum health and the correct functioning of the bodily system.
- Mineral Reservoir: The bones act as a mineral reservoir, storing minerals in the body. Our bones store up to 85% of the phosphorus and 95% of the calcium in our bodies. All of these functions demonstrate how poor bone health lowers our overall quality of life.
The Best Bone Health Practices
There are two easy answers when it comes to determining the ideal practices for excellent bone health: exercise and diet. Food gives your bones the nutrients and building blocks they need, while exercise helps the bone reconstruct itself in the healthiest manner possible to keep the body in good condition.
Osteblasts are the cells responsible for removing old bone tissue and forming new bone tissue. In order to use their functioning, your body need both proper diet and exercise. The activity of the cells may be decreased if the cells are not moved, leading in osteoporosis. Osteoporosis is defined as the thinning of bones to the point that they are more prone to fracture.
Bone Health Recommendations
- Protein: Many individuals have a misunderstanding regarding the makeup of human bones, thinking that they are solid masses of calcium. While calcium is present in bones, they also include other substances. In reality, the human skeleton is made up of approximately half protein, which is in the form of collagen. For bones to be strong, they need a lot of minerals, and protein helps them get there. Low protein levels in the body influence bone growth through reducing calcium absorption.
- Resistance Training: Exercising is very beneficial to bone health. Resistance training is one of the finest types of exercise for your bones. This includes lifting weights and other strenuous gym exercises. When you do resistance training, your body receives the message that it needs to maintain (or grow) bone density in order to handle the strenuous exercises. As a result, the bone remains strong and healthy. However, you should avoid lifting weights that are excessively heavy for your physique.
- Calcium: Because calcium makes up such a significant component of our bones, it is important to consume calcium-rich foods. Cheese, yogurt, salmon, lentils, beans, and seeds are examples of this kind of cuisine.
- Vitamin D: In order to remain strong and healthy, your bones need vitamin D. This is because vitamin D aids calcium absorption in the body. Sunlight, as well as meals like fatty fish, mushrooms, fortified plant-based milks and cereals, and cheese, may help you absorb vitamin D.
All You Need to Know About Cannabis and Bone Health
Although the aforementioned guidelines are useful in encouraging excellent bone health, experts are presently investigating another option in the form of cannabis. The likelihood of cannabis being good to bone health is connected to the endocannabinoid system (ECS). The ECS, which consists of receptors, enzymes, and signaling molecules, regulates the body’s functions.
Bone remodeling is one of the biological processes that this system controls. Cannabinoid receptor 1 (CB1), cannabinoid receptor 2 (CB2), and transient receptor potential vanilloid 1 are the receptors in the endocannabinoid system related to bone health (TRPV1). While TRPV1 and CB1 help in the breakdown of old tissue, CB2 aids in the formation of new bones via osteoclast activity.
THC and CBD are being investigated as strategies for supporting excellent bone health as a consequence of the efficiency of these cannabinoid receptors in the body. THC and CBD are now being tested in instances of rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, and fractures.
Because the use of cannabis for bone health is still under investigation, it is prudent to get medical advice before taking THC or CBD for any bone problem. Cannabis, on the other hand, is expected to have a significant role in bone health in the near future.
There is a lot of evidence that cannabis helps with bone health, but there is not much information on how to increase bone density.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does cannabis cause bone loss?
There is no evidence that cannabis causes bone loss.
Is hemp good for bones?
Hemp is a type of plant that contains high levels of CBD, which has been shown to have many health benefits.
Is CBD good for bones?
CBD is a cannabinoid found in cannabis plants. The human body produces its own cannabinoids, so its not necessary for humans to consume them.
- best cbd for bone healing
- cbd dosage for bone healing
- smoking and bone healing
- cbd osteoporosis study
- can you reverse the effects of osteoporosis on bone density